Looking fashionable doesn’t mean breaking the bank. All you need to have is determination and a keen eye for great finds.
Lots of local outlets sell fashionable items at a very affordable price. One of which is the Taytay Tiangge in Taytay, Rizal. It’s a haven for shoppers and my newest favorite go-to place for affordable ready to wear (RTW) clothing.
Taytay Tiangge is located beside the new Taytay Public Market where a multitude of stores line up selling a variaty of garments, fabrics and RTWs. My favorite item are their summer dresses. You could buy one for as low as one hundred pesos! That’s why, when I go there to shop I would jokingly say, “magdala ko ug sako”(“I would bring a sack” in Bisaya) because I would buy lots and lots of it. Not just for myself but for the ladies in the family, my mom, my sister and my cousin.
How to Get There:
- My starting point is at Robinson’s Galleria Mall, EDSA corner, Ortigas Avenue, Ortigas Center, Quezon City. Just outside, you can ride a bus going to Taytay, Rizal.
- Tell the bus driver to drop you off at Taytay Public Market.
- Once you get off the bus, you will immediately spot lots and lots of stalls along the road. That means you have made it to the Taytay Tiangge!
- Bring your own shopping bag to reduce plastic bags usage.
- Bring water to keep yourself dehydrated.
- Be mindful of your belongings to avoid theft incidents.
- Bring enough money according to your budget to avoid overspending.
- Be mindful time because it’s easy to lose track of it while shopping.
- Buy 3 pieces to get wholesale discount and save around P15 pesos.
Hat | Locally made at Digyo Island
Dress | Taytay Tiangge
Specs | Sunnies